ResponsibilitiesProvide administrative and clerical support to assigned faculty, fellows and the Vascular Interventional Radiology Section. Arrange
travel and handle all documentation for reimbursement, and general maintenance of an office environment. Perform a variety of
general office duties. The position is based at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Hospital location five days per week. In addition, the
incumbent may need to cover other Department locations as needed.
Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and direction. Incumbent independently prioritizes and completes
assignments. Incumbent receives specific assignments as well as specific goals and objectives from Section faculty and works in a
highly independent yet collaborative manner to accomplish goals and resolve problems.
QualificationsManagement skills to maintain and organize complex ongoing projects
2. Skill in operating a computer using various programs and databases: e.g. Microsoft
Office: Word, Excel, Power-Point, Access, etc., BIS, Internet, etc.
3. Skill in digitizing analog radiographs (plain films and CTs) into electronic format
4. Ability to act as liaison to faculty, staff, patients, families, and other visitors.
5. Ability to speak in a concise, diplomatic and respectful manner.
6. Skill in proofreading/editing for spelling, continuity, punctuation and grammar.
7. Word processing skills to quickly and accurately prepare manuscripts,
8. Skill in prioritizing projects and assignments to complete work in a timely and
9. Working knowledge of medical terminology.
10. Ability to read and follow precise written instructions for preparing manuscripts,
abstracts and various forms.
11. Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with faculty, staff, students, patients and others.
12. Excellent written communication skills to compose and edit letters, memos and
other correspondence using proper grammar, punctuation, spelling and syntax.
13. Excellent customer service skills and ability to handle unexpected situations.
14. Excellent analytical skills with ability to review detailed work.
15. Demonstrated skill in financial analysis, planning, preparation and administration
for a budget with multiple complex funding sources.
16. Demonstrated ability to design, modify, and generate spreadsheets, create
formulas, modify formats and run various reports in Excel.
17. Ability to organize and manage large volumes of material in an established system
with careful attention to detail.
18. Demonstrated skill in assessing situations, anticipating problems, gathering
information or data, and recommending solutions.
19. Ability to handle sensitive materials and confidential information with discretion
20. Ability to function as a team member and to work independently with minimal
21. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and skill in setting priorities to meet
22. Ability to work effectively with coworkers, customers and others by sharing ideas in
a constructive and positive manner, listening to and objectively considering ideas
and suggestions from others, keeping commitments, keeping others informed of
work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues
constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions;
addressing others by name, title or other respectful identifier; and respecting the
diversity of our work force in actions, words and deeds.
23. Ability to use office equipment such as: personal computer, calculator, phone,
photocopier, fax, scanner, printer, etc.
24. Ability to travel and work at Department locations where assigned faculty have
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.