PRN Cardiac Cath Lab Tech I
Cardiac Cath Lab
Days - PRN
Hospital Main Campus, KS
Position Summary/Career Interest
The Cardiac Cath Lab Tech performs diagnostic and invasive procedures in the Cardiac Lab. Scrubs, monitors, circulates, and assists Cardiologist as requested. Responds to patient distress situations and assists with equipment quality control and inventory management.
- Assist in transporting patients to nursing units.
- Attends to patient needs during cardiac lab procedures.
- Circulates during procedure, as applicable.
- Obtains and records hemodynamic, electrical, and angiographic data by operating
- hemodynamic and electrical amplifiers and digital and line fluoroscopic equipment.
- Participates in life-saving measures such as defibrillation and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Participates in On-call per established call schedule, if applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prepares patient and equipment for cardiac lab procedures by preparing site of entry,
- draping patient, arranging sterilized instruments and catheters, and calibrating and setting up pressure transducers and tubing.
- Prepares the Cardiac Lab procedures rooms by ensuring that adequate stock is available.
- Scrubs during procedure, as applicable. Assists the physician in maneuvering catheters.
* Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
* Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Graduate of an accredited Radiology Technologist Program
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire
- BLS Certification
- Registration as Cardiovascular Technologist (RCVT);
- Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) required within 2 years of hire
- High school diploma or equivalent
- ARRT Certification (R) (American Registry of Radiology Technologists) or have graduated from an Accredited CVT certificate program.
- Associate's Degree or above preferred
- Cardiac Lab (Cath Lab and/or EP Lab) experience preferred
- Ability to understand and speak English
- Ability to read and write English