Sterile Processing Supervisor
Nights - Full-Time
Hospital Main Campus, KS
Position Summary/Career Interest
Under the direction of the Sterile Processing Manager, the Sterile Processing Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of the department activities/tasks on the assigned shift. Provides customer-focused service to the department for accurate and efficient surgical services instrumentation support. Provides front-line leadership in line with Perioperative Services mission/vision for customer service and employee engagement.
- Actively involved in orientation and continuing education of assigned staff
- Assists in organization and cleanliness of department; maintains a professional image for the unit
- Coordinates all shift activities in SPD decontamination and clean areas; serves as the front-line leader directing activities to meet quality and productivity standards
- Coordinates daily staffing, breaks, and lunches in line with the needs of the Operating Room and other departments
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively prioritize customers’ needs while partnering with the Operating Room leadership and SPD liaisons
- Fosters an environment of cooperation, teamwork, customer service and employee engagement; is the front-line leader that serves as the face of the department for all customers and employees.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving satisfaction of all internal and external customers
- Participates in department accountability and disciplinary activities under the oversight of the manager
- Performs first review of staff evaluations and provides timely feedback to manager
- Utilizes support equipment and computerized systems effectively to maximize department productivity and through-put
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent/GED required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Sterile Processing.
- Certification as Certified Registered Central Service Technician – IAHCSMM or
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician within 6 months of hire
- Graduate of a Surgical Technology Program preferred
- Certified CS/SPD or Surgical Technician preferred
- Experience as OR Scrub Technician and/or Sterile Processing Technician in supervisor role preferred