We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health and discover your future today!This job performs all diagnostic tests, patient counseling, and follow-up. Also performs all other related clinical skills, ensuring optimum departmental functioning. Must be readily accessible to Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT) physicians as well as scheduled patients
Required - Master's degree in Audiology or AuD Louisiana State License
Required - 1 years related work experience.
Required - Current Hearing Aid License
Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-A) by the American Speech and Hearing Association
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
• Assesses auditory function in normal hearing and hearing impaired population of all ages.
• Communicates educational, medical, and diagnostic procedural information to the patient and/or patient's families in a clear and concise manner.
• Conducts comprehensive diagnostic audiological evaluations.
• Facilitates departmental practice by scheduling and coordinating all types of appointments.
• Accepts responsibility for attending appropriate in-services/education programs.
• Assists in the orientation and training of new employees as assigned.
• May be required to fit and calibrate hearing aids for patients and/or conduct auditory brainstem response evaluations as needed.
• Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
üPhysical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.ü