This position is eligible for a relocation bonus.
Works under the supervision of the Manager of Radiation Oncology, the Medical Physicist, and Radiation Oncologist. Delivers radiation treatments to patients in accordance with all safety parameters set forth by the facility.
1. Maintains a positive environment by demonstrating positive interpersonal relationships with co-workers, physicians, patients and others.
2. Delivers daily radiation treatments to patients as directed, and according to standards set forth by the physicians and medical physicist.
3. Performs all daily QC/QC tests on all radiation therapy equipment and records all data. Immediately reports any readings out of specification to appropriate personnel and withholds treatments until all values have been checked and approved.
4. Accurately records and charges all treatments to ensure compliance as set forth by the department and facility.
5. Works to maintain and closely follow all treatment machine schedules.
6. Works to ensure a patient’s safety concerns are met and reports any changes in patient’s status to appropriate department personnel.
7. Works to provide and exceed all service excellence standards with regard to patient experience and employee cooperation to ensure all patient needs are met.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Ability to interact and communicate effectively with patients, families, visitors, Physicians and staff
· Must be able to handle extremely stressful and emotional situations
· Ability to perform precise and delicate manipulation of computer data
· Ability to calculate and interpret numbers
· Ability to analyze and synthesize data
· ARRT Radiation Registry within 6 months of start date
· Current Wyoming Board of Radiologic Technologist License prior to start
· Cheyenne Regional AHA RQI within 14 calendar days of start date
· Five years of experience as a Radiation Therapist.
· Bachelor’s degree