Responsible for transporting donor center staff using the Blood Donor Bus.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Safely transports Donor Bus and donor center staff within specified time frame from Medical Center to mobile activities, and back to the Medical Center.
- Assists with set-up, and teardown of the mobile site (tables, chairs, bus awning, etc.). Attends to needs of donors post-donation while in the canteen area.
- Maintains a detailed daily transportation log with mileage, gas usage, and any related pertinent activity.
- Discontinues the phlebotomy process on blood donors per laboratory protocol.
- Prepares, processes, and stores units of blood per laboratory protocol.
- In conjunction with the Mobile Charge Tech, monitors supply levels, notes expirations dates, and rotates stock in blood processing and canteen areas.
- Espouses the principals of Lean Thinking and creates a work environment that positively promotes continuous process improvement. Explores opportunities to add value to job (innovative ideas) to benefit the organization and taking ownership of the outcome. Proactively finds other work-related tasks during low census.
- Maintains inter- and intradepartmental work flow by fostering a spirit of cooperation (hand offs). Enhances the laboratory and hospital reputation by demonstrating a courteous and professional demeanor during all encounters.
- Actively participate in the laboratory quality plan/program (ex. investigative reports, notification of delays, etc.).
- Participate in the training of new staff by serving as a mentor and technical resource.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current MD State commercial driver’s license (CDL) and maintain a driving record with no more than two (2) points.
- Preferred: Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR certification; medical assistance or phlebotomy certification.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.