We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health and discover your future today!This job assumes responsibility for and provides routine treatment as assigned according to plan of are provided by a licensed Occupational Therapist. Provides direct patient care after the patient has been evaluated by a licensed Occupational Therapist and documents patient progress in daily progress notes and/or summaries to physicians.
Required - High School diploma or equivalent
Preferred - Associates degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant program
Required - None.
Required - Eligibility for state Occupational Therapy Assistant licensure by examination , current state license . prior to start date
Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
Physical and Environmental Demands
• Performs occupational therapy treatments as prescribed by the physician under the supervision of a licensed occupational therapist.
• Communicates and documents any changes in patient's status and informs therapist of patient's reassessment.
• Maintains patient records according to documentation standards, policies and procedures.
• Participates in staff and committee projects.
• Achieves established productivity levels set forth by administration.
• May be required to educate and train others within discipline.
• Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.