We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health and discover your future today!This job performs general radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures. Performs a variety of technical procedures applying prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis to produce quality radiographs and scans for interpretation.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at Ochsner's discretion.
Required - Completion of a formal training program
Radiologic Technology program in an AMA approved school
Required - None.
Required - Registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) within one year of employment
Licensure by the Louisiana State Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners
Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
• Collects pertinent data about the patient and procedure.
• Identifies patient with 100% accuracy, introduces self to patient, and explains procedure to patient.
• Performs routine radiographic procedures for physician interpretation.
• Uses computer systems to document, process and verify information.
• Maintains equipment and assures availability of inventory items.
• Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Complies with the Ochsner Health System Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.