We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!This job performs general radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures. Performs a variety of technical procedures applying prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis to produce quality radiographs and scans for interpretation.
Required - Completion of a formal training program
Radiologic Technology program in an AMA approved school
Required - None.
Required - Registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) within one year of employment
Licensure by the Louisiana State Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners
Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
• Collects pertinent data about the patient and procedure.
• Identifies patient with 100% accuracy, introduces self to patient, and explains procedure to patient.
• Performs routine radiographic procedures for physician interpretation.
• Uses computer systems to document, process and verify information.
• Maintains equipment and assures availability of inventory items.
• Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
Sign On Bonus Available.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.