Hours of Work :As needed
Days Of Week :As needed
Work Shift :PRN (United States of America)
Job Description :
In this highly technical, fast-paced, and rewarding position, you'll collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to provide the very best care for patients. The Certified Sterile Processing Tech receive, fill and deliver supply orders, processes and sterilizes instrument trays. Cleans and inspects patient equipment, gathers instruments and supplies for surgical case carts. Operates equipment as well as some computer systems, inventories and restocks departmental supplies and special carts.
Your Job Requirements:
• Graduate of an approved Sterile Processing Technician program
• Certification by HSPA (formerly IAHCSMM) or CBSPD. Certified Surgical Technologist certification accepted in lieu of HSPA or CBSPD certification, if accompanied by a requirement to obtain HSPA or CBSPD certification within 12 months.
• 2 years direct instrumentation experience is preferred.
Your Job Responsibilities:
• Communicate clearly and openly
• Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment
• Be accountable for your performance
• Always look for ways to improve the patient experience
• Take initiative for your professional growth
• Be engaged and eager to build a winning team
Methodist Southlake Medical Center is an acute care hospital in Southlake, TX and one of 12 hospitals to carry the Methodist name, either through ownership or affiliation. Serving Southlake, Methodist Southlake is located on a campus that includes a 141,000-square-foot hospital. The hospital is designed to grow as the community grows, currently with 54 beds and plans to expand in the future by adding 10 new Emergency exam rooms, a Cardiac Cath Lab and Nuclear Medicine. Providing everything from emergency care and advanced surgery to imaging, our hospital has 12 operating suites and 2 endoscopy suites. At Methodist Southlake, we strive to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our affiliation with Methodist Health System means being part of an award-winning workplace:
A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journal
150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare nine years in a row by Becker’s Hospital Review
Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers
One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
Military Friendly Employer.
Our Care Commitments
Take Care of Patients
Take Care of Each Other
Take Care of Ourselves
Take Care of Methodist