Lymphedema Occupational Therapist
Days - Full-Time
SKC Medical Pavilion
Position Summary/Career Interest
We currently have an opening for a full time certified Lymphedema Occupational Therapist at our South Medical Pavilion campus in Kansas City, Missouri. Our South Pavilion Therapy Clinic specializes in Lymphedema and Oncology Care. In this role, the Occupational Therapist will treat patients with lymphedema, primarily due to cancer.
- Evaluates selected diagnoses accurately using basic techniques in acute care and rehabilitation. Asks for clarification of orders from physicians, and requests consult from other OT’s as needed. Considers all aspects of the patient’s needs including the physical, psychosocial, developmental, and cultural.
- Develops and implements treatment plans using appropriate problem solving skills, and clinical reasoning.
- Documents evaluations, progress notes, and discharge notes in a clear and concise manner, consistent with department policies and KOTA/AOTA.
- Provides educational programs for the OT department, other disciplines, including orientation for nursing and medical students.
- May provide teaching for OT ED labs as requested, with assistance as needed.
- Supervises Level I students independently. Supervises Level II students after one year of clinical experience, with assistance from the Student Coordinator as needed.
- Meets all state requirements for continuing education with the Kansas Board of Healing Arts (40 hours/biannually). Maintains current CPR certification. Follows all departmental procedures.
- Demonstrates good rapport with patients and professionalism with other professionals, patients, and visitors.
- Provides supervision for COTA’s with patient evaluation information and treatment development and implementation, as well as supervision for HCA.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelors or Masters in Occupational Therapy
- Kansas licensure through the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
- Certified as a Lymphedema Therapist