Neonatal (NICU) Respiratory Therapist
Varies - Full-Time
Hospital Main Campus, KS
Position Summary/Career Interest
- Are you determined to be the best Respiratory Therapist that you can be?
- Do you thrive in high pressure situations with new challenges each day?
- Are you able to work with different disciplines to provide the best care possible for the patient?
- Would you enjoy being a part of the only Level I Trauma Center in the Region? Interacting with patient injuries not typically seen at other Health Systems?
If you can answer “YES” to the questions above we may have the right opportunity for you as a Respiratory Therapist in our Respiratory Therapy Department.
SHIFT OPENINGS: DAYS and NIGHTS
We are looking for experienced Respiratory Therapists who are confident, detail oriented, calm under pressure and eager to learn in an ever changing environment. To be successful in this role you will need to be able to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team and provide patient-centered care. You will need to be excited to try new procedures, processes and learn cutting-edge technologies and techniques. We are looking for RTs who want to be the best at what they do.
The Respiratory Therapists at The University of Kansas Health System serve on the rapid response, code, stroke, neonatal high-risk delivery and acute coronary response teams. Additionally working with other disciplinaries to assist and eventually ween patients from machines, even assisting in heart transplants and ventricular assist device (VAD) implants by providing intraoperative nitric oxide therapy and post-operative ventilator care.
Our Mission is to deliver world-class care to patients with complex conditions, even the most rare. We are continually raising the bar on quality of care and are working towards our vision to lead the nation in caring, healing, teaching, and discovering. We are a Magnet Designated Hospital who is ranked amongst the best by U.S. News and the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the Region.
This Position Offers:
- You will participate in a variety of challenging cases with the most acute cases from all over the country and expand on your skill sets daily.
- The opportunity to be part of a team that supports and mentors one another for professional and department development and continuous success and growth
- You will be part of a close-knit and nationally recognized team
- You will be part of an organization with award-winning and recognized programs
- We offer competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits package, employee bonus referrals & discount programs
- Associate degree in respiratory care (or equivalent training)
- Certified in BLS (within 30 days of hire)
- Certified in ACLS and PALS/NRP within six months of hire
- Respiratory Therapist (RT) license from the Kansas State Board of Healing Art
- RRT credential from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Respiratory Care or related field
- Six months of experience in critical care