In accordance with established department and professional guidelines, provides comprehensive psychosocial assessments for patients.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Responds to patient/family needs related to abuse, domestic violence, trauma, illness, addictions and mental health issues, creating a therapeutic framework for effective problem solving with patient and family.
- Collaborates with clinical nursing staff and patients to create patient plan of care and provides information to patients in regard to safety, legal options, and community referrals.
- Collects data and statistics needed for data collection and grant funding. Ensures timely and appropriate assessment and completion of mandatory reporting requirements.
- Provides discharge planning in complex situations such as substance abuse, psychiatric or dual diagnosis services, homelessness and abuse/violence. Identifies community services and resources available to patients and families and facilitates linkage with those services.
- Documents interventions and assessments in patient's medical record following department standards.
- BS/BA degree in social work, psychology, nursing, or related field, or 4 years’ experience in Abuse/Domestic Violence counseling with a minimum of two years college completed.
- One year pf experience working with victims of abuse is required.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.