This position is responsible for evaluating patients for cardiopulmonary rehab services and providing appropriate therapy including exercise, education and counseling according to department policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Reviews medical history, medicine regime, precautions, and past medical history at intake. Updates patient medical records in accordance to Medicare, hospital, and AACVPR regulations.
- Collaborates with the patient, family, physician, and other health care team members in planning a total rehabilitation program based on individual assessed needs
- Calls physicians and other medical staff to discuss patient needs and concerns.
- Assists in managing, developing, implementing, and evaluating fitness programs. Maintains procedures and training manuals of program operations, equipments, and facility maintenance protocols.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, and quality and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Attends hospital rounds and /or visits inpatients to educate on cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation services.
- Attend to all patients needs including initiation of emergency procedures using BLS & ACLS guidelines and not limited to use of Automatic External Defibrillator.
- Assists with collecting and entering outcomes data in computers (EPIC, Scottcare, and Excel)
- Assists in tallying departmental metrics including inpatient consults, daily and monthly censuses, and charge audits.
- Attends and remains an active member of hospital committees including but not limited to CHF readmissions, COPD initiative, and other cardiology and pulmonary committees.
- Bachelor of Science degree in healthcare related field required. Master’s Degree preferred
- One year clinical experience in cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) certified Clinical Exercise Specialist (EP-C) or Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist (ACSM CEP) or Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist (RCEP) preferred
- American Heart Association Health Care Provider BLS: must obtain ACLS certification within 90 days of hire.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Heavy
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.