This position will perform echocardiograms. Responsible for daily operations of the department including patient care, team communication, and documentation. Ensure that all necessary supplies/equipment are available and remains adequately trained in current technology. Maintain equipment in proper working order. Follow departmental polices and procedures. Participate in the operations of the department, to include interviewing, orientation, education, competency, scheduling, and performance improvement.
- Perform and/or assists in performing procedures by following physician orders and as set by ICAEL guidelines.
- Flexible to staffing needs to ensure optimal skill mix and adequate staffing at CRMC and CCA.
- Provide appropriate information to physician, patient and family during exams.
- Participates in all quality assurance/ performance improvement in accordance with ICAEL requirements.
- Participate in call as required.
- Provide customer interventions to include patient teaching and responding to complaints and/or emergencies.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
EP LAB: Performs and trains on the Intra-Cardiac Echo imaging system (ICE). Assists in the Non-invasive lab as needed with patient transport, preparing patient for tests etc.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and customers.
- Good motivational and organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data.
- Ability to calculate, manipulate, and interpret numbers. Problem solving, critical thinking, and reasoning skills necessary.
- Current RDCS license or successful completion of RDCS examination within one year of hire (eligible for RDCS license by having met one of the following: a current student/graduate of a cardiac sonography program; work or have worked in cardiovascular technology or a related field; have completed a baccalaureate or graduate degree in a science or physical field; or have volunteered for two years in cardiovascular technology)
- Cheyenne Regional AHA RQI within 14 calendar days of start date
- One year recent and relevant experience or education in cardiovascular field including cardiac sonography