PRN SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST
Cambridge Tower Operating Room
Days - PRN
Cambridge Tower A
Position Summary/Career Interest
The PRN Surgical Technologist, under the direction of the Registered Nurse and the Nurse Manager, handles the instruments, supplies and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. He/she has an understanding of the surgical procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. He/she has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the surgical procedure and is maintains constant vigilance of the sterile field.
- Takes responsibility for self and/or team accountabilities and instills sense of ownership in others to improve performance; looks for ways to improve individual and/or team performance.
- Recognizes group dynamics and acts as a role modl by guiding others/team to modify one's communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
- Recognizes, demonstrates and enables behaviors and attitudes necessary to ensure exceptional delivery of services.
- Understands interests and concerns of other internal/cross-functional teams and incorporates their feedback into service/work processes.
- Motivates self and actively engages team in achieving challenging goals and targets that are consistent with organizational direction; encourages others to overcome obstacles and achieve results.
- Translates the organization's strategic priorities into clear goals and targets for the work group(s) to ensure organizational alignment.
- Develops and re-prioritizes work plans for self and/or department by outlining clear steps to follow during unforeseen circumstances.
- Takes actions to improve the relationships with and between others to create an effective working environment.
- Creates and contributes to a positive environment where learning and knowledge sharing occurs regularly and both formally and informally within the organization and own department(s).
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- BLS Certification
- Voluntary certification available through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting and the National Center for Competency Testing
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certificate or Associate’s Surgical Tech degree
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Surgical Technologist may be substituted for the professional education requirement