Varies - Full-Time
Hospital Main Campus, KS
Position Summary/Career Interest
Under the direction of the Director of Perfusion, this position is responsible for the performance of quality customer care. In this support role the Technician will assist the anesthesiologist, perfusionist and OR staff members in patient care and support as ordered and prescribed by the attending surgeon, anesthesiologist or perfusionist.
- Performs procedures, recording, analyzing and diagnosing various physiological monitoring functions, with the variety of devices, equipment or techniques.
- Facilitates processes to maintain successful inventory levels and cost-effective practice of supply management by team members; including supportive strategies for cost-containment
- Demonstrates abilities and competencies in performing procedures, recording, analyzing and diagnosing various physiological monitoring functions, with the following devices, equipment or techniques:
- Invasive monitoring devices; calibrate and troubleshoot
- Arterial line setup
- PA catheters setup and assist
- Cardiac Output monitors setup and assist
- ECG, attach and troubleshoot
- POC testing
- Autologous Blood Recovery System
- Directional Doppler
- Other equipment relevant to position
- Maintain Procedural Database
- Follow Infection Control Guidelines for maintaining, clean and use of non-disposable equipment and maintain timely changes of indwelling catheters and lines.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Read, write, and speak English