Biomed Equipment Technician III
Days - Full-Time
Hospital Main Campus, KS
Position Summary/Career Interest
We currently have a full time Biomedical Equipment Technician III. This role will perform job specific responsibilities supporting a patient centered environment and will demonstrate accountability for their own actions and decisions. By following policies, procedures, and standards, they will assure compliance of the equipment they are responsible for and also assume responsibility for risk and safety issues associated with the position. When necessary, the employee will participate in performance improvement activities. Utilizing resources efficiently and effectively is a primary function of the position. It is the responsibility of the employee to bring ideas/concerns to their supervisor and participate in department decision-making.
- Demonstrates competence in the areas of critical thinking, interpersonal relationships, and technical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to provide care/service safely and efficiently for the care of each patient.
- Repair, install, maintain, calibrate, and inspect complex medical equipment, instrumentation, and systems to include life support equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance and electrical safety testing of clinical equipment, devices, and systems.
- Monitor completion of preventive maintenance activities performed by outside vendors. Review outcome of preventive maintenance actions and make recommendations to department staff concerning improvements.
- Supervise and instruct biomedical equipment personnel in the safe use, application, testing, and preventive maintenance and repair of all types of clinical equipment technologies and systems.
- Provide operational leadership to personnel and possibly serve as temporary site manager in the absence of Site Lead Technician and Director.
- Maintain accurate inventory, tracking both the addition and deactivation of clinical equipment
- Understand and comply with Joint Commission and other applicable standards and regulations
- Provide in-service educational programs to clinical staff as needed.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- High School Diploma
- 6 years biomedical experience including familiarity with Informational Technology and networks
- Valid driver's license
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics/Biomedical
- Professional training in Biomedical Engineering