Hours of Work :11pm-7am
Days Of Week :
Work Shift :
Job Description :
In this highly technical, fast-paced, and rewarding position, you'll collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to provide the very best care for patients. The Surgical Technician II Certified understands the procedure being performed and assures that all equipment, instrumentation, and supplies are available for the case. Anticipates the needs of the surgeon. Handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. Participates in setting up and turning over the operating room for cases.
Your Job Requirements:
• High School Diploma and/or GED equivalent
• Graduate of certified Surgical Technologist program, military trained, or AD in Surgical Technology preferred
• Basic Life Support certified
• Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) required
• Must have advanced competencies in a minimum of 3 specialties (specialties to be determined by each hospital)
Your Job Responsibilities:
• Anticipate needs of the surgical team and obtains instrumentation and supplies and available for procedure.
• Pass instruments to surgeon and assistant during procedure.
• Assists with terminal cleaning of room and preparation for the following case.
• Begins cleaning up back table and preparing instruments for terminal cleaning and sterilization as circulator prepares patient to leave the room.
• Place instruments back in the tray for transport to SPD.
• Responsible for knowing and adhering to all policy and procedures such as count policy, universal protocol and labeling of medications, etc.
• Works with students and inexperienced staff on correct method for passing and retrieving instruments during surgical procedures.
Methodist Richardson Medical Center is a 284-bed, full-service hospital that serves Richardson, Garland, Plano, and the surrounding areas in Dallas and Collin counties. Magnet® designated for nursing excellence, it was the first healthcare facility to earn the Texas Award for Performance Excellence, patterned after the renowned Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. We also provide care at Methodist Richardson Medical Center – Campus for Continuing Care, which offers a behavioral health and addiction recovery unit, inpatient rehabilitation and long-term acute care, a full-service emergency department, and more. Methodist Richardson strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
First in the nation to earn The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Pancreatic/Hepatic/Biliary Cancer Certification
ANCC Pathway to Excellence® Program
Advanced Primary Stroke Center certified by The Joint Commission and the American Stroke Association
American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Receiving Center Gold Plus, 2019
Certified Quality Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
Robotic da Vinci® Surgical System for minimally invasive procedures
Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Our Care Commitments
Take Care of Patients
Take Care of Each Other
Take Care of Ourselves
Take Care of Methodist