Hours of Work :40
Days Of Week :10x4 with rotating call
Work Shift :10X4 Day (United States of America)
Job Description :
The Cardiovascular Tech RCIS primary responsibility is to assist with technical aspects of invasive cardiovascular procedures under the direction of the supervisor and physician.
Your Job Requirements:
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree, science emphasis or commensurate healthcare experience
• Licenses and/or Certifications (Required and Preferred)
• Current American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardio Life Support certification
• RCIS certified within six months of date of hire
• ARRT and TX RT(R) required in lieu of RCIS
Your Job Responsibilities:
• Assists in teaching and orientation of students and new staff.
• Assists physician as a monitor tech during any procedure performed in the cath lab by interpreting basic and advanced dysrhythmia and EKG’s and operating physiologic recorder, and interpreting normal and abnormal pressures and wave forms.
• Assists physician with most procedures as a scrub tech and operates imaging equipment under direction of physician.
• Assists physician with some diagnostic procedures as a circulator by monitoring patient status during a procedure, handing supplies to the scrub tech, and operating imaging equipment under the direction of the physician.
• Assists with transport of patient to and from department.
• Cleans and stocks cath lab.
• Demonstrates knowledge of medications and dosages used.
• Demonstrates theoretical knowledge of procedures.
• Orders supplies for cath lab and demonstrates effective inventory control.
• Post procedure safety removes arterial and/or venous sheath, maintains hemostasis, and monitors patient status.
• Prepares lab for procedure by setting up for procedure and maintaining sterile technique.
• Prepares patient for procedure by shaving and prepping patient and marking arterial pulses.
• Troubleshoots equipment problems.
Methodist Mansfield Medical Center is a 262-bed, full-service hospital that serves the communities of Mansfield, Arlington, Grand Prairie, and the surrounding areas. In addition to being a Magnet®-designated hospital, we have full-service interventional cardiology services, including cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, open heart surgery, and STEMI care. The hospital has been honored as one of the Best Hospitals, Emergency Departments, and Maternity Wards by several publications. Methodist Mansfield strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
• Magnet®-designated hospital
• Robotic da Vinci® Surgical System for minimally invasive procedures
• Level III Neonatal facility and Level III Maternal Facility
• Voted best hospital and best emergency department by Living Magazine and Arlington Today Magazine
• Level III Trauma Center
• Accredited Chest Pain Center and Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission
• Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and stroke care
Our Care Commitments
• Take Care of Patients
• Take Care of Each Other
• Take Care of Ourselves
• Take Care of Methodist