Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Central Sterile Proc - 17th St
Full Time Equivalent: full-time
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most shifts between 7AM-3PM
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
The Central Sterile Technician is responsible for the decontamination, cleaning, processing, storage and sterilization of all surgical instrumentation. Technicians will also prepare surgical case carts if needed. It is expected that a Technician maintain certification as a CST, CRCST, CSPDT or equivalent certification. The technician works under the supervision of the Central Sterile Processing Coordinator.
1. Decontaminate and clean, surgical and CPD procedural instrument trays along with other house instrumentation.
2. Package and identify prepared items for sterilization.
3. Performs departmental cleaning assignments as scheduled.
4. Performs the operation of the automated instrument washer disinfectors, glide systems, ultrasonic machine and cart washer.
5. Performs the operation of the steam sterilizers, ETO sterilizers, Sterrad NX and Sterrad sterilizers.
6. Performs all test, if needed, for all steam sterilizers, Bowie Dick and Biologicals. This includes the OR steam sterilizers.
7. Logs all test accordingly, records load contents associated with operation of all CSP/OR sterilizers.
8. Conducts periodic departmental in-services.
9. Assembles (“pulls”) case cart and supplies for surgical procedures using Surgeon Preference cards assuring completeness and notification of shortages.
* Cert Reg Central Sterile Tech
* General Education Degree
Experience: none required. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.