Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: Fulltime
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
The Critical Care Paramedic provides high quality patient care and safe medical transport to sick and injured patients in all age groups. Uses an interdisciplinary model to work with the Staff Nurse and other appropriate medical personnel to establish and prioritize a plan of care. This plan of care for each patient will be consistent with approved treatment protocols, policies and procedures.
1. Collaborates with team and initiates care plan based on patient assessment and significant other input/data. Continuously reviews and revises plan as needed per patient’s condition. Maintains thorough patient care documentation.
2. Responsible for transport of critically ill and/or injured patients that may require advanced assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and intervention skills.
3. Operates and maintains the vehicle in a safe, efficient manner, obeying all traffic laws. Properly inspects the medical supplies/equipment (also inspects the vehicle in the absence of a VitaLink EMT) and initiates appropriate actions based on inspections. Maintains ambulance in a continuous state of readiness.
4. Completes daily base duties as well as all mandatory education/training. Stays current with NHRMC and department specific communications (i.e. emails, staff meetings, communication boards, etc.)
5. Promotes team effort and unity when working with the Regional Transfer Center, other members of NHRMC and external organizations.
6. Annually continues personal development to enhance practice and profession.
7. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently, completing all paperwork within required time frames.
8. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA and CAP guidelines.
9. Consistently demonstrates professional behavior and performs proactive interventions which support the Mission, Vision and Values of NHRMC and this department. Responds to patient complaints.
10. Will occasionally provide back up service to the Field Operations Division, which may include participation in the MPI plan.
* Drivers License Class C
* Critical Care Paramedic
* Flight Paramedic Certification
* Crit Care Emergency Trans Mdc
* Advanced Trauma Certification
* Technical/Vocational Diploma
Experience: Minimum of 3 years experience with a paid EMS provider at the paramedic level. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.