Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Radiology - MRI
Full Time Equivalent: Fulltime
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Works under supervision of the Manager. Performs diagnostic magnetic resonance imaging procedures on patients as ordered by a physician to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
1. Provides for patient physical and emotional needs in a wide variety of circumstances.
2. Performs magnetic resonance exams per established protocols.
3. Screens all patients and family members entering the Imaging Center per established protocols.
4. Reports changes in the patients to appropriate personnel for follow-up.
5. Transports patients as needed for all sections of the Radiology Department.
6. Provides all customers with information pertinent to their exams.
7. Completes examinations by documenting all appropriate procedural information.
8. Performs/documents QA and QC per section protocol.
9. Performs all duties necessary to ensure the harmonious operation of the MRI section.
10. Administers contrast media per established medication review protocols.
11. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
* Amer Registry MRI
* Magnetic Resonance Imaging
* Associate Degree
Experience: Previous MRI experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.