Clinical Simulation Technician - Nursing Simulation Center - (2000000Q)
The Clinical Simulation Technician will assist with interdisciplinary Simulation Center operations under the direction of a Staff Development Specialist.
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Technical Diploma in a Health-related field is required. Associate Degree in a health related field preferred. .
Must have understanding of medical terminology
Minimum Work Experience
Specific Requirements and Preferences
At least 1 year of experience in an acute or emergency health care setting. .
1. Provide support to faculty in the development of clinical case scenarios.
2. Maintain confidentiality.
3. Report any concerns or issues to responsible RN.
4. Active in personal educational development.
5. Assist with special projects or initiatives as needed.
1. Skilled use of a range of simulation technology (e.g. High Fidelity Human Simulators, “Vital-Sim” Child and Baby simulators, IV Task trainers, simulation models) and technologies used to simulate practice settings.
2. Facilitate and simulate technology programming, testing and application of educational scenarios with instructors.
3. Manage and manipulate equipment programming and problem solve technical malfunctions; provide technical assistance and support to staff using simulation technologies.
4. Liaison with Biomedical Engineering and/or vendors regarding existing equipment, new equipment and systems design.
5. Prepare and set up equipment for use in simulations; clean/disinfect equipment after use by participants; ensure technology is maintained and in good working order
6. Maintain log of cleaning (per manufacturer instructions), maintenance, and routine safety inspections.
1. Perform office duties related to the operation of the Simulation Lab including but not limited to typing, locating resources, filing, verbal and written communication.
2. Monitor required supplies and maintain established par levels.
3. Maintain inventory of equipment and record of repairs.
4. Establish and maintain a daily calendar of events.
5. Monitor responses to requests for use of simulation lab.
6. Collate evaluations and provide reports to Staff Development Department; support the development and monitoring of outcome measures and provide quarterly report.
7. Maintain confidentiality.
8. Report any concerns or issues to responsible RN.
9. Active in personal educational development.
1. Assist with special projects or initiatives as needed.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
: District of Columbia-Washington
Sheikh Zayed Campus
111 Michigan Avenue
: Allied Health
: Patient Services
Regular / Temporary: R (Regular)
Position Status: FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: M-F- 40 hr/sweek, variable hours
: Jan 17, 2020, 11:17:28 AM