The function of this position is to perform basic phlebotomy and laboratory assistant duties. A variety of tasks fall within this classification such as blood collection from patients of all ages, collection of body fluid specimens (i.e. urine) and cultures and other functions within the department under the supervision of a medical technologist. Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values.
This is a Part-Time position. [10:00PM - 06:30AM]
• High School graduate or equivalent required.
• ASCP Phlebotomy Certification or equivalent preferred.
• Phlebotomy experience preferred.
• Manual dexterity is essential.
• Ability to accurately follow directions and perform specific functions.
• Ability to communicate effectively with hospitalized patients and outpatients.
• Ability to communicate effectively with hospital and lab staff.
• Knowledge of use of proper personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Moderate physical effort.
• May be exposed to potentially infectious diseases.