Education and/or Other Requirements
High school graduate or equivalent.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have experience with business machines.
- Must have typing skills of 35 words per minute.
- Must use absolute integrity in accurate performance and reporting of results.
- Must be able to organize work and set priorities.
- Must use professional discretion with patient and employee information.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with other personnel and with patients. Job duties require rigid clerical accuracy in the identification and reporting of numbers, name and results.
Frequent to continuous exposure to unpleasant or irritating substances. Exposure to hazardous and/or potentially injurious elements or conditions is considerable.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and move through an office environment.
- Must be willing to work other schedules if needed. Moderate physical exertion, including continuous (70% to 100%) walking, standing, bending, and reaching and frequent lifting of average loads (six to 25 pounds). Mobility to delivery patient reports to the Physicians’ Plaza office buildings is essential.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to work under pressure with multiple interruptions.
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality requirements.
- Must have reasoning ability and good independent judgment. Must be able to work under stress and to adapt to changing conditions.