Cheyenne Regional Medical Center was founded in 1867 as a tent hospital by the Union Pacific Railroad to treat workers injured while building the transcontinental railroad. Today, we are the largest hospital in the state of Wyoming, employing over 2,000 people, and treating over 350,000+ patients from southeastern Wyoming, western Nebraska, and northern Colorado. We pride ourselves on patient and employee experience by living our core values of Integrity, Caring, Compassion, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Excellence to I.N.S.P.I.R.E. great health.
Our team makes a difference every day by providing trusted healthcare expertise through a passionate and I.N.S.P.I.R.E.(ing) approach with a personal touch. By living our values, we aim to achieve our goal of becoming a 5-star rated hospital, providing critical support and resources to our community and the greater region we serve. If you are eager to make a difference and passionate about healthcare, we encourage you to apply today!
Why work at Cheyenne Regional?
- 403(b) with 4% employer match
- ANCC Magnet Hospital
- 21 PTO days per year (increases with tenure)
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Sponsored Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance program
Here is what you will be doing:
- Greets, screens, schedules, and directs patients to exam rooms.
- Obtains, verifies, and updates patient information and health history. Charts patient information into the medical record as reported by the patient.
- Assists patients with ambulation, transfers, assistive device instruction, body mechanic instruction, and activities of daily living.
- Obtains patient vital signs, administers basic wound and first aid, and therapeutic modalities,
- Performs phlebotomy, point of care testing, and specimen handling; i.e. urine, throat, vaginal, stool, and sputum.
- Administers subcutaneous injection, intramuscular injection, intradermal injection, and medication administration (with the exception of narcotics).
- Performs electrocardiography including placement of electrodes and obtaining EKG results.
- Assists in minor surgeries, including surgical tray set-up, pre/post-surgical care, and suture removal.
- Set-up instruments and equipment according to department protocols; aseptic/sterile technique and basic decontamination, instrument wrapping, cleaning of exam/procedure room/instruments/and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control requirements.
- Orders, sorts, stores supplies, and restocks exam/procedure rooms.
- Sends/receives patient medical records, obtains patient lab/X-ray reports, hospital or clinic notes and referral information.
- Completes forms/requisitions as needed to ensure provider availability, schedules appointments, and verifies insurance coverage and pre-authorizations to ensure current and complete information in patient chart.
- May travel to offsite offices for Outreach Clinic support based on clinic needs.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient MS Office, Outlook and Internet Explorer skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrates an independent work initiative and sound judgment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of health care field and medical office protocols/procedures
- Knowledge of specific assisting tasks related to particular medical practice
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Here is what you will need:
- High school diploma (or equivalent certificate from an accredited program) or higher degree
- One (1) or more years of healthcare experience
- Cheyenne Regional AHA RQI within 14 calendar days of start date
- Outreach Only (determined by clinic leadership):
- Valid USA driver’s license
- Must have clean driving record that follows Cheyenne Regional Medical Center’s driving guidelines
Nice to have:
- WY Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) license
- Emergency Medical Tech (EMT) certification