About Vidant Roanoke-Chowan Hospital
Vidant Roanoke-Chowan Hospital is a 114-bed, not-for-profit hospital located in Ahoskie, NC. The 15-bed ER serves approximately 21,000 patients per year from the local community and surrounding towns. This modern facility provides a wide range of health services to its 39,000 residents in the four-county area.
Ahoskie, NC is ideally located an hour from the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area and two hours from Raleigh, Richmond, Williamsburg, and the beautiful Outer Banks of NC. Ahoskie offers a moderate cost of living, a strong sense of community, and a temperate climate and location to support a variety of year round outdoor activities, such as boating, kayaking, hunting, fishing, hiking, and golf.
1. Professional: The ED Paramedic functions as a professional representative of the Vidant system and shall support and up-hold the mission, goals, and objectives of the system at all times. The ED Paramedic will:
2. Clinical: The ED Paramedic is responsible for rendering advanced life support care to critically ill or injured patients as directed by ED physicians and in adherence with established protocols and standards of care.
The ED Paramedic will:
3. Operational: The ED Paramedic is responsible for thorough knowledge of the Vidant policies and procedures, and shall assist in meeting operational goals and objectives.
4. Quality Improvement: The ED Paramedic shall be responsible for supporting and participating in the Vidant Quality Improvement Plan. The ED Paramedic will ensure adherence to, and updates as needed, Vidant policies and procedures, in conjunction/collaboration with the Vidant Leadership and the ED Medical Director.
5. Continuing Education: The ED Paramedic will:
6. Staffing: As an employee of the Vidant system, the ED Paramedic shall support continuity of service through flexibility in scheduling and base assignment. The ED Paramedic will be prepared and prompt in reporting for scheduled shifts as assigned.
7. Special Projects: The ED Paramedic shall participate in system wide and ED projects on an ongoing basis. The ED Paramedic will:
8. Patient Confidentiality and Privacy: The ED Paramedic shall protect the privacy of all patient information in accordance with the Vidant Privacy Policies.
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification, Current certification by the state of North Carolina as a Paramedic
High School diploma or GED equivalent
Graduated from an approved Paramedic program
This is a PRN (on a as needed basis) position. Includes nights weeks and holidays.