About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a 900+ bed Level-1 Trauma Center, regional referral hospital and is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health. We serve as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center provides acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties. But it's in our work environment that you'll find our sense of family and closeness that permeates everything we do.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification (American Heart Association)
- Associate Degree or higher in an approved COARC program for Respiratory Care.
- Active licensure with the North Carolina Respiratory Care Board upon hire and is maintained yearly.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or Registry Eligible with RRT credential obtained within 6 months of graduation.
- Advance Life Support Certification (ACLS), if not current at time of hire, must complete within first 12 months of employment and maintained.
- If working in the Children's hospital you are required to have PALS and NRP in place of the ACLS and you must have completed the NBRC NPS exam by 12 months from your orientation end date.
- Active status with NBRC recommended
- LEVEL ONE— Less than 3 years RT experience
- LEVEL TWO— 3 to 10 years RT experience
- LEVEL THREE—10 plus years RT Experience
- LEVEL FOUR — 3 years RT experience with BS degree w/specialized certifications (NBRC, ACCS or NPS)
- Potential $15,000 Retention bonus for full time new hires
- Relocation allowance if needed (75 miles minimum)
- On-Site Interview paid expenses if needed (hotel/flight)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, Free Parking, on campus Employee Clinic & Employee Pharmacy
- New Grad Residency Program (13 weeks)
- Initial Clinical Mentor Program for experienced RTs (12 weeks)
12 hours shifts schedule (days or nights) (positions in Adult Services or Children's Hospital)