Performs routine and complex MRI procedures in accordance with established safety and quality standards and the special needs of patients.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Processes MRI scan sequences; verifies demographics and technical information; checks technical quality of images.
- Participates as a member of a specialized medical team in performing specialized MRI scans of various organs and in preparing patients for specific procedures. Reviews pathology, surgical, and other reports to monitor patient progress and provide a means for evaluating the accuracy of MRI examinations.
- Constantly assess patients' condition and administers first aid as required; assists physicians in cases of adverse reactions or emergencies.
- Confers with Supervisor to recommend changes, report problems and provide feedback to improve patient care, technical quality and clerical functions.
- Monitors equipment performance and reports problems to the Manager; records malfunctions as required.
- Successful completion of a two-year radiological technology program in AMA approved educational institution, with certification in diagnostic radiography by American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT). In addition, Technologist must have successfully completed educational/training requirements specified by the ARRT in MR imaging.
- Or successful completion of a one year accredited program in MRI Technology.
- One year of MR experience preferred. Cardiac and/or Breast Imaging a plus.
- ARRT (MR) Certification with MD State License or ARMRIT (American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists) Certification.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS
- Current CE Requirements
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.