Performs ultrasound procedures in accordance with established safety and quality standards and the special needs of patients.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Performs ultrasound diagnostic procedures and routine ultrasound procedures within the designated time frame and in accordance with the established quality standards and needs of the department. Performs vascular scans as needed.
- Participates in performing biopsies of various organs and in preparing patients for specific procedures.
- Confers with the department supervisor to report problems relative to equipment, staffing and productivity.
- Obtains pertinent clinical data prior to sonographic examination, supervises the preparation of patients and records significant data.
- Enters all pertinent patient information upon completion of procedures.
- Maintains a daily activity log and procedure manual; complies data and issues monthly reports as required.
- Ensures compliance with hospital safety policies and procedures; maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards in the work area.
- Appropriately prioritizes patients in work flow.
- Proficient in using portable sono machines in patient care areas.
- Assists in the clinical instruction of students when needed.
- Successful completion of a formal program in ultrasound technology.
- Certification by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- American Heart Association Health Care Provider BLS CPR certification
- Additional registry in abdomen-pelvis, ob-gyn, neonatal heads or vascular preferred.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Heavy
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.