St. Joseph's Women's and Children's Hospital is currently in search of our newest Registered Respiratory Therapist II who is passionate about providing outstanding customer service to our community. We are looking for an individual seeking a career opportunity with one of the largest employers within the Tampa Bay area. Our team members focus on tomorrow by achieving personal and professional success today. The Registered Respiratory Therapist II is a clinical professional who utilizes the department's scope of services to access, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care as an integral member of the healthcare team.
St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital family-focused care is enhanced by the acute care services available at St. Joseph's Hospital and St. Joseph's Children's Hospital. We are widely regarded as "the place in Tampa to have a baby" due to the following features: comfortable labor and delivery suites, childbirth education programs, level IV neonatal intensive care unit and maternal/fetal program that offers the security expectant mothers need. St. Joseph's Children's Hospital is well known throughout the southeast United States as a leader in pediatric heart and cancer care. Parents have the confidence of knowing that the specialized pediatric services offered are further strengthened by St. Joseph's Hospital full-service medical center, including the 24-hour Steinbrenner Emergency/Trauma Center for Children. We treat more children than any other hospital in Tampa Bay, so you can rest assured your child will receive the best expert care close to home in Tampa. BayCare is the leading, not-for-profit health care system that connects individuals and families to a wide range of services at hundreds of locations in the Tampa Bay and West Central Florida regions.
• Delivers Respiratory Care Services under the order of the physician and in accordance with protocols established by the hospital, other health care providers, or the board and functions in situations of unsupervised patient contact requiring individual judgment.
• Performs noninvasive and invasive procedures with minimal oversight.
• Perform diagnostic testing; and Emergency care/Adult critical care.
BayCare Offers a Competitive Total Reward Package Including:
• Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision) and Paid time off
• Tuition reimbursement
• 401k match and additional yearly contribution
• Yearly performance appraisals and team award bonus
• Community discounts and more
• Listed by Watson Health Top 100 Hospitals in 2021
Certifications and Licensures Required:
•RRT (Respiratory Therapy License)
•Active NBRC Credential for RRT
•CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
•NRP (Neonatal) - within 6 months
•ACLS (Cardiovascular) - within 6 months
•PALS (Pediatric) - Preferred
•Reference summary for details - Preferred
•Technical Respiratory Therapy
•Associate's Respiratory Therapy - Preferred
•6 Months Respiratory
Specific Skills Required:
•Clinical skills appropriate to position
•Computer skills appropriate to position
•Collaborate and work with a team
•Critical thinking skills
•Advanced Respiratory Assessment and Evaluations