Location: NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
This position reports to the Manager/Field Operations Battalion Chief, but also works closely with the Performance Improvement Coordinator and Education Coordinator. The Field Training Officer (FTO) serves as a clinical role model and mentor. FTO’s precept students/new employees, provide education, participate on the P.I. Committee, complete ePCR audits, and perform field observations/evaluations to assess the delivery of pre-hospital patient care. When functioning as a Paramedic, demonstrates a high degree of proficiency and expertise.
1. Serves as a clinical role model and mentor. Precepts students during their EMS field education. Oversees new employees during the orientation process. Shares experience and knowledge through one-on-one interactions.
2. Evaluates patient care skills and then provides guidance as needed. Assures that departmental policies, protocols and procedures are followed. Completes all required documentation. Creates performance improvement plans as needed.
3. Serves on the P.I. Committee and completes ePCR audits as part of our EMS systems continuous quality improvement program. Conducts/participates in the annual competency exams.
4. Provides both didactic and clinical instruction to ensure optimal patient care and clinical competency.
5. Contributes input to clinical components of Staff Performance Evaluations in cooperation with Captain and Battalion Chief. Also works collaboratively in scheduling employee work rotations to meet clinical or training needs.
6. Functions as a resource for dissemination of new information and problem resolution.
7. Acts in the capacity of a Staff Paramedic. Maintains all knowledge, skills, and competencies to perform in this role. (Refer to Staff Paramedic Job Description, NHREMS – Field Operations).
8. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
9. Consistently demonstrates professional behavior and performs proactive interventions which support the Mission, Vision and Values of NHRMC and this department. Responds to patient complaints
10. Participates in the interview process and provides input for hiring decisions.
11. Back-fills in Supervisory roles as needed.
12. Participates in the development of performance standards for the EMS staff.
* Drivers License Class C
* Nat'l Registr-EMT-Paramedic
* High School Diploma
Experience: Minimum of 2 years Paramedic experience with 1 year of service at NHRMC EMS. Educator/Preceptor experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.