At BayCare, we are proud to be one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay area. Our network currently consists of 15 community-based hospitals, a long-term acute care facility, home health services, outpatient centers and 5,240 physicians. Our team members focus on tomorrow by achieving personal and professional success today. That's why you'll thrive in our forward-thinking culture, where we combine the best technology with compassionate service. We blend high-tech with high-touch in ways that are advancing superior health care throughout the communities we serve.
As defined by the American College of Surgeons, the Surgical Technician First Assistant provides aide in exposure, hemostosis, and other technical functions, that will help the surgeon carry out a safe operation with optimal results for the patient.
• Prior to 1/12/20, required Education and Experience included any Surg Tech Technical training with 3 years First Assist experience; OR completion of an Accredited First Assist Program and 1 year First Assist experience as approved by Director
• As of 1/12/20, required Education and Experience includes High School diploma, completion of a BayCare approved Surgical Technician First Assistant program and 3 years Surgical Technician experience; OR High School Diploma, Surgical Technician First Assistant Certification and 1 year Surgical Technician First Assistant experience .
• Preference will be given to candidates with Surgical Technician First Assistant certification and 1 year Surgical Technician First Assistant experience.
Must complete assigned competencies and obtain physician sign off for 6 trocar placements with at least two different surgeons and 6 local injections with at least two different surgeons within 90 days.
BayCare offers a competitive total reward package including:
• Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision)
• Paid time off
• Tuition reimbursement
• 401K match and additional yearly contribution
• Yearly performance appraisals and team award bonus
• Community discounts and more
• AND the chance to be part of an amazing team and a great place to work!
This job posting is for a Full Time, Day shift Surgical Technologist- First Assistant position Bartow Regional Medical Center in Bartow, FL.
|Required||BLS (Basic Life Support)|
|Preferred||Reference summary for details|
|Required||High School or Equivalent|
|Required||Technical||Reference summary for details|
|Required||3 years||Reference summary for details|
|Preferred||1 year||Reference summary for details|
|Required||Written and verbal communication skills|
|Required||Customer service skills|
|Required||Knowledge of regulatory standards appropriate to position|
|Required||Medical terminology use and understanding|
|Required||Work with a team|
|Required||Computer skills appropriate to position|
|Required||Critical thinking skills|