At BayCare, we are proud to be one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay area. Our network currently consists of 15 community-based hospitals, a long-term acute care facility, home health services, outpatient centers and 5,240 physicians. Our team members focus on tomorrow by achieving personal and professional success today. That's why you'll thrive in our forward-thinking culture, where we combine the best technology with compassionate service. We blend high-tech with high-touch in ways that are advancing superior health care throughout the communities we serve.
The Sterile Processing Technician - Certified or Non-Certified is responsible for the decontamination, prepping, packaging and sterilization of all instrumentation processed through the department following established department procedures.
Responsbilities include but are not limited to:
• Documents the sterilizer loads, biological indicators and implant loads correctly and processes items in appropriate sterilizer
• Inspects instrumentation and equipment and processes appropriately
• Inspects, preps and assembles instruments sets
• Maintains the line of washed sets and baskets to allow for appropriate workflow
• Organizes work allowing instrumentation, equipment and carts to flow through decontamination processes easily
• Prepares containers for sterilization or wraps sets appropriately and places completed product on sterilizer cart
• Processes instrumentation and equipment through specific cleaning process according to type
• Uses the ultrasonic cleaners, washer, sterilizers, ATS system and the cart washer
• Reviewing performance in compliance with recognized standards
• Interpreting policies, procedures, and protocols
If you are not certified in sterile processing, BayCare has an education program to help you learn about sterile processing and obtain your certification. You are required to have your certification within 24 months from your hire date. The Sterile Processing certification through Healthcare Sterile Processing Association or National Center of Competency Testing.
BayCare offers a competitive total reward package including:
• Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision)
• Paid time off
• Tuition assistance
• 401K match and additional yearly contribution
• Yearly performance appraisals and team award bonus
• Community discounts and more
• AND the chance to be part of an amazing team and a great place to work!
This job posting is for a Full, Day shift Sterile Processing Technician position at Morton Plant Hospital in Clearwater, FL.
|Required||Reference summary for details|
|Required||High School or Equivalent|
|Preferred||6 months||Hospital in related field|
|Required||Critical thinking skills|
|Required||Work with minimal supervision|