Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 10HR ROT - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Works under the supervision of the Manager of Anesthesia Support. Assists Anesthesiologist and CRNA’s in the preparation and maintenance of all anesthesia monitoring devices and anesthesia delivery systems. Assists in the management of equipment and supplies required for the administration of Anesthesia.
1. Assists Anesthesia provider in basic equipment preparation and between case turnovers consistent with competency evaluation.
2. Assists Anesthesia provider the set up and application of intravenous fluid consistent with competency evaluation.
3. Assists Anesthesia provider with maintenance, acquisition of and application of airway equipment consistent with competency evaluation.
4. Assists Anesthesia provider with acquisition and application of invasive line placement consistent with competency evaluation.
5. Assists Anesthesia provider with performing basic laboratory point of care testing for arterial blood gas analysis, blood coagulation test, serum glucose test, serum electrolytes test consistent with competency evaluation.
6. Performs Anesthesia maintenance consistent with competency evaluation.
7. Sets up Cell Saver for collection consistent with competency.
8. Assists Manager of Anesthesia Support with logistics to include inventory ordering and stocking of Anesthesia equipment and supplies.
9. Assists Anesthesia provider with transport of surgical patients as needed.
10. Performs Biological Testing and sterilization with Steris System One.
* High School Diploma
Education: High School Diploma. EMT or prior hospital patient care preferred. CPR required
Licensure / Certifications: American Heart Association HS (Heart Saver) required.
Experience: One (1) year experience related to clinical monitoring preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.