Location: Pender Memorial Hospital
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Works under the supervision of the pharmacist. As directed, provides assistance to pharmacists by profiling medications and products, delivering these products, and maintaining adequate inventory of stock and supplies. Must be proficient at accessing, viewing, and handling medication orders and requests related to pharmacy electronic information systems.
1. Assists in medication preparation by selecting, counting, compounding, packaging, and labeling per established departmental guidelines.
2. Prioritizes and manages telephone calls in the pharmacy.
3. Processes patient charges and credits.
4. Maintains appropriate levels of stock and supplies in dispensing area and places them on order when they are below adequate stock levels to meet departmental needs.
5. Demonstrates proficiency at accessing and viewing pertinent screens in pharmacy electronic information systems.
6. Performs intra-departmental unit inspections monthly (assigned areas) and removes all expired medications.
7. Works in multiple areas of the pharmacy, as directed, to maintain competency and broaden skills for all areas of the job scope.
8. Stocks and charges emergency crash carts and rapid sequence intubation (RSI) boxes.
9. Assists in the training and mentoring of new technicians, pharmacy technology students, and pharmacy students. Offers evaluation feedback on training performance.
10. Performs interdepartmental medication unit inspections as assigned.
11. Checks in the medication order and puts the order into pharmacy stock. Assists Pharmacists in maintaining an acceptable inventory of medications and supplies under proper conditions and storage
* Cert Pharmacy Tech-National
* Registered Pharmacy Tech-NC
* Technical/Vocational Diploma
Experience: Six months of healthcare experience OR Graduated, or will graduate within 30 days of hire, from an ASHP accredited pharmacy technology diploma program. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.