Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: OR - 17th Street
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.800000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
The Certified Surgical Technologist reports to the Manager And Assistant Managers and works under the supervision of Professional Registered Nurse. Responsible for functioning in the scrub role by preparing the necessary sterile instruments and equipment to be used on the surgical field.
1. Assists other members of the OR team in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care duties.
2. Practices aseptic technique while assisting with all surgical procedures.
3. Ensures the readiness of the surgical suite.
4. Maintains professional standards by participating in in-services, committees, staffing needs.
5. Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
6. Maintains professional accountability by participating in in-services, committees, and staffing needs.
7. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
* Cert Surgical Technician
* Technical/Vocational Diploma
Experience: One year experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.