At BayCare, we are proud to be one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay area. Our network currently consists of 15 community-based hospitals, a long-term acute care facility, home health services, outpatient centers and 5,240 physicians. Our team members focus on tomorrow by achieving personal and professional success today. That's why you'll thrive in our forward-thinking culture, where we combine the best technology with compassionate service. We blend high-tech with high-touch in ways that are advancing superior health care throughout the communities we serve.
The Sterile Processing Technician- Certified is responsible for the decontamination, prepping, packaging and sterilization of all instrumentation processed through the department following established department procedures.
Required specific skills:
• Knowledge of decontamination processes, preparation, and packaging, sterilization techniques based on manufacturer recommendations, and storage of sterilized items
• Knowledge of sterile technique, instrumentation, equipment and sterile field set-up
• Interpreting policies, procedures, and protocols
• Reviewing performance in compliance with recognized standards
• Sterile Processing with Healthcare Sterile Processing Association or National Center of Competency Testing
This job posting is for a PRN, Day shift Sterile Processing Technician position St. Joseph's South Hospital in Riverview, FL.
|Required||Reference summary for details|
|Required||High School or Equivalent|
|Preferred||6 months||Hospital in related field|
|Required||Critical thinking skills|
|Required||Work with minimal supervision|