- P.T. license in the State of Illinois, or license pending with a valid Authorization to Test letter (ATT) from the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT), and application for licensure on file with the IDPFR, is required. The maximum allowable time to practice in a license pending status/under a licensed Physical Therapist is 6 months per licensing regulations.
- Certified in CPR or complete certification within 30 days of employment.
- If applicable, must possess valid Illinois driver’s license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the Memorial Health Fleet Safety Policy (5 year MVR will be required).
- Previous experience, preferred.
Other Knowledge/Skills/Abilities/Working Conditions-Physical Requirements & Atmosphere:
- Ability to work professionally, effectively, and efficiently in a team environment with customers, management, co-workers and physicians.
- Strong organizational skills a must.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively.
- General office, health care setting – exposure to infectious disease.
- Potential exposure to blood, blood borne pathogens and body fluids.
- Requires moderately heavy physical exertion on a regular and reoccurring basis such as assisting patients in transfer activities (wheelchair to bed, to tub, to commodes) and providing substantial support to individuals in ambulation therapy.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Occasionally lift and/or move over 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.