Responsible for providing and coordinating comprehensive care to patients of all ages through the proper utilization of evaluation, planning and implementation of a treatment plan in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
• Orientation/training requirements are based on experience. New graduates are required to successfully complete a six (6) month internal training program with ability to function independently.
• P.T. license in the State of Illinois or license pending with a valid Letter of Authorization to practice Physical Therapy in the State of Illinois required. The maximum allowable time to practice in a license pending status under the Letter of Authorization is 6 months per licensing regulations. CPR Certification preferred.
• CPR Certification required.
• Must possess valid Illinois driver’s license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the SMH Fleet Safety Policy (five (5) year MVR will be required). Must have availability of personal vehicle with proof of insurance.
• Universal Precautions Category I.
• Will accept a SMHvc car for business purpose only as deemed necessary by geography/mileage.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.