Direct, supervise, evaluate and provides physical therapy services to the patient.
Other Knowledge/Skills/Abilities/Working Conditions-Physical Requirements & Atmosphere:
1. Interprets plans, establishes, and exercises proper treatment program in accordance with the physician’s referral, periodically, reviewing the patient’s program and response and making recommendations to the physician relative to the need of continuing or discontinuing the physical therapy treatment
2. Assists the physician in evaluating disability, injury, or disease process of individual patients and in evaluating the patient’s level of function
3. Contacts the physician directly for patient reports and care as needed
4. Observes, records, and reports to the physician the patient’s reaction to the therapy program or any changes in the patient’s condition
5. Submits to the physician appropriate written reports to the patient’s progress at the designated intervals using appropriate and designated forms
6. Assists in determining the needs of the patient and in developing the total plan of care
7. Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity
8. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families/care givers
9. The clinician will need to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to ages specific to the patient population for the clinician. This could include the following groups: infants (0-12months), children (1 year – 12 years), adolescents (13 years -18 years), adult (18 years-65 years), older adults (65 years +).
10. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to infants (0-12months), children (1 year – 12 years), adolescents (13 years -18 years), adult (18 years-65 years), older adults (65 years +)
11. Instructs, teaches and supervises patients regarding physical therapy procedures as related to the patient’s therapy programs
12. Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family and care givers are included in teaching as appropriate
13. May supervise physical therapist assistants, rehabilitation aides, volunteers, or students in regards to patient care techniques and needs
14. Enhance professional development through participation in continuing education programs and in-service meetings
15. Attend and participates in meetings as required
16. Adheres to all applicable federal, state, local, and company maintained standards of care and ethics and policies concerned with the practice of physical therapy and among other things, personnel qualifications
17. Meets productivity and utilization expectations as established by the facility
18. Completes timely clinical documentation to include functional goal-setting, progress and therapeutic approach as well as administrative/billing documentation timely and accurately
19. Assists in maintaining department policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental, and infection control programs
20. Assist in care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies
21. Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.