- Ensure fulfillment of mission and progress towards vision. Exhibit behaviors consistent with MH values, and ensure strategic plan is cascaded throughout the organization to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Assists the pharmacist in filling medication orders including orders for IV admixtures, surgical kits, compounded orders, or bulk stock.
- Complies with all Federal, State, or other regulatory requirements as they relate to drug control, drug storage, drug dispensing or drug returns.
- Recognizes controlled substances and maintains their security at all times, according to hospital standards and federal/state regulations.
- Monitors medication stock levels and advises appropriate pharmacy staff of depletion or low levels of critical medications and supplies.
- Adheres to all necessary State, Federal (USP) sterility requirements in preparation of sterile products.
- Delivers medications in a timely manner, placing patient needs first.
- Utilizes pharmacy computer program / software to generate labels, post charges and issue credits, run reports, and enter patient specific information.
- Complies with all department, State and Federal requirements for completing appropriate online and paper records and reports for historical and auditing purposes.
- Provides training for lesser-experienced staff members as needed.
- Serves as a back-up for other areas within the unit or department, especially during times of special needs or staff absences.
- Perform other related work as required or requested.
Occupational Hazards: Potential for exposure to infectious patients and materials, though rare. Potential for exposure to hazardous and toxic substances including chemotherapy, cytotoxic drugs, and cleaning solutions. Potential for sticks or cuts by needles and other sharp, potentially contaminated items. Potential for musculoskeletal injuries if proper lifting and carrying techniques are not used.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.