To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Ability to watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
Education and/or Other Requirements
One of the following active certifications is required:
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Board Certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Technologist (MT);
- American Medical Technologists (AMT) Certification as a Medical Technologist (MT);
- Meet grandfather requirements under (Clinical Laboratory Improvements Amendments) CLIA ’88.
New graduates will have 6 months to obtain certification.
Frequent to continuous exposure to unpleasant/irritating substances. Exposure to hazardous and/or potentially injurious elements or conditions is considerable.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to work any shift and/or weekend.
- The employee will frequently be required to lift, push or pull weight of at least 5 to 60 lbs.
- Ability to attend to visual details.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, bend, and reach (70 to 100%).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move through and between nursing units to perform phlebotomy and Blood Bank duties.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to receive and comprehend written and oral communications.
- Absolute integrity in the accurate performance and reporting of results.
- Exercise discretion, good independent judgment, and reasoning ability.
- Ability to work under stress caused by turn-around times.
- Analyze information or data.
- Plan sequence of operations or actions.
- Make decisions of moderate to substantial