The function of this position is to perform basic phlebotomy and laboratory assistant duties. A variety of tasks fall within this classification such as blood collection from patients of all ages, collection of body fluid specimens (i.e. urine) and cultures and other functions within the department under the supervision of a medical technologist.
Hours: Full Time (Nights - 10p-6:30a)
Every Other Weekend
• High School graduate or equivalent required.
• ASCP Phlebotomy Certification or equivalent preferred.
• Phlebotomy experience preferred.
• Manual dexterity is essential.
• Ability to accurately follow directions and perform specific functions.
• Ability to communicate effectively with hospitalized patients and outpatients.
• Ability to communicate effectively with hospital and lab staff.
• Knowledge of use of proper personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Moderate physical effort.
• May be exposed to potentially infectious diseases.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.