Radiologic Technologist- Annapolis Site- 20 Hours Weekly- Tuesday and Friday 8-4:30pm - (210003WV)
The Radiologic Technologist will perform high quality Diagnostic Imaging exams while providing excellent patient care.
Annapolis Site- 20 hours weekly - Tuesday and Friday 8-4:30pm
Qualifications Minimum Work Experience
1 year Clinical radiography experience in a hospital environment (Required)
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registered Radiography Technologist (ARRT) (Required)
Radiographic Positioning & Technique
- Demonstrate working knowledge of all diagnostic imaging equipment and related components.
- Produce high quality radiographs by using proper positioning and immobilization techniques.
- Set appropriate exposure factors to produce high quality films.
- Determine when repeats are required.
- Assure permanent film identification by using lead markers.
- Identify each radiograph/image with proper and permanent patient data.
- Follow correct procedures in regard to warm-up, use and shut-down of equipment.
- Check paperwork, film jackets and patient charges for accuracy prior to submission and complete RIS assignments immediately following exam.
- Maintain cleanliness of exam rooms and equipment.
- Assure room is prepared & stocked prior to start of exam.
- Explain exam to patients/parents.
- Make every attempt to meet scheduled appointment times and accommodate stat or add-on requests.
- Communicate with patient throughout the exam and release patient/parent with appropriate follow-up info.
- Cooperative and willing to assist when asked to travel to a CH-affiliated site.
- Adhere to all OSHA regulations.
- Inquire about menstrual status and possibility of pregnancy for female adolescents and teens.
- Shield patients whenever possible.
- Practice personal radiation safety .
- Immediately report equipment malfunctions to manager .
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
Organizational AccountabilitiesProfessional Development
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
- Maintain A.R.R.T . certification
- Biennially update nCPR certification
- Complete mandatory annual reviews
- Attend seminars and in-services
- Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
- Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
- Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
Primary Location: Maryland-Annapolis
Other Locations: District of Columbia-Washington
ROC - Anne Arundel Clinic
888 Bestgate Road Suite 320
Job: Allied Health
Position Status: R (Regular) - PT - Part-Time
Work Schedule: Tuesday and Friday 8-4:30pm
Job Posting: Feb 25, 2022, 6:20:28 PM