Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.900000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR NIGHT - Most of shift btwn 7P-7A
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Works under the supervision of the Manager. Provides continuous monitoring services to nursing care units through out the hospital. Specially trained in cardiac rhythm analysis and EKG patterns. Provides rhythm analysis, documents and interpret rhythm strips and communicates with Licensed Care Provider rhythm and rhythm changes. Interacts with patients, physicians, nursing staff, biomedical engineers and purchasing department staff. Assists in Code Blue as needed, enters telemetry charges in computer.
1. Greet patients upon admission, explains telemetry equipment and procedure.
2. Attaches electrodes and lead wires determining best lead placement for patient. Re-assess placement every shift or as needed.
3. Maintains working knowledge/expertise of all monitoring equipment. Utilizes computerized arrhythmia system for data collection. Enters and discontinues patient telemetry in computer.
4. Continuously monitors rhythms with analysis and interpretation, documents and mount rhythm strips.
5. Responds appropriately to lethal and pre-lethal arrhythmia’s and reports to nursing staff.
6. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
7. Assists in performing routine EKGs on cardiac telemetry unit and routine house EKGs from 3PM to 7AM daily.
8. Assists in appropriately cleaning of equipment.
9. Assists with planning telemetry budget as requested by Director/Manager.
10. Maintains work area and adequate supplies.
11. Responsible for 24-hour coverage for department based on autonomous staffing policy, by maintaining and adjusting schedules to enhance team performance.
12. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork
* General Education Degree
Experience: Previous experience in telemetry monitoring preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.