Location: New Hanover Medical Group
Department: NHMG - Autumn Hall Lab
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.900000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Under the general direction of the Laboratory Supervisor, the Medical Technologist performs laboratory tests, procedures, experiments, and analyses to provide data for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
1. Follows established procedures for collecting and processing biological specimens for analysis.
2. Conducts chemical analysis of body fluids such as blood, and urine, to determine presence of normal and abnormal components.
3. Study blood cells, their numbers, morphology.
4. Analyze test results and enter findings in computer.
5. Performs quality control studies to ensure accuracy of clinical data.
6. Perform routine preventative maintenance on assigned instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure.
7. Verify instrument functioning by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and document data.
8. Assists the supervisor in the training of new employees.
9. Utilizes the electronic medical records and laboratory computer systems in performance of daily tasks.
10. Records any repairs, replacement and maintenance of needed equipment on appropriate logs.
* Medical Technologist
* Bachelor of Science
Experience: 1 year training in an accredited medical technology program or 3 years experience in a laboratory under the direction of a board certified pathologist. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.