Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Employee works under the supervision of the pharmacist. As directed, provides assistance to pharmacists by profiling medications and products, preparing and delivering these products, and maintaining adequate inventory of stock and supplies. Employee must be proficient at accessing and viewing pharmacy electronic information systems and pharmacy automated systems. Employee will work in multiple areas of the pharmacy, as directed, to maintain competency and broaden skills for all areas of the job scope.
1. Assists in medication preparation by selecting, counting, compounding, packaging, delivering and labeling per established departmental guidelines.
2. Triages telephone calls in the pharmacy. Assists customers at the pharmacy window.
3. Processes patient medication charges and credits as needed.
4. Maintains appropriate levels of inventory in dispensing areas. This may include prepackaging or assembly of medications for future dispensing.
5. Performs all advanced operations of pharmacy automated systems.
a. Including: Automated dispensing machine reporting, Central pharmacy automation maintenance, and advanced oral compounding.
6. Demonstrates advanced proficiency in pharmacy computer systems and can train others in basic computer system use.
7. Performs pharmacy and medication unit inspections.
8. Receives the medication order, puts the order into pharmacy stock, and delivers floor stock to patient care areas in the hospital.
9. Performs all advanced operations in the outpatient pharmacy including advanced automation management, prescription fulfillment, advanced prescription computer system management and operating the cash register if applicable to position. Must be able to complete training for new technicians in these areas.
10. Obtains and documents accurate and complete patient medication histories if applicable to position.
11. Assists in the training and mentoring of new technicians, students, residents and pharmacists. Offers evaluation feedback on training performance.
* Registered Pharmacy Tech-NC
* Cert Pharmacy Tech-National
* High School Diploma
Experience: One year of experience as a pharmacy technician at NHRMC OR Two years of healthcare experience prior to hire OR Graduate of ASHP accredited pharmacy technology associates program OR Graduate of ASHP accredited pharmacy technology diploma program AND one year of healthcare experience. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.