Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Employee works under the supervision of the pharmacist. As directed, provides assistance to pharmacists by profiling medications and products, preparing and delivering these products, and maintaining adequate inventory of stock and supplies. Employee must be proficient at accessing and viewing pharmacy electronic information systems and pharmacy automated systems. Employee will work in multiple areas of the pharmacy, as directed, to maintain competency and broaden skills for all areas of the job scope.
1. Assists in medication preparation by selecting, counting, compounding, packaging, delivering and labeling per established departmental guidelines.
2. Triages telephone calls in the pharmacy. Assists customers at the pharmacy window.
3. Processes patient medication charges and credits as needed.
4. Maintains appropriate levels of inventory in dispensing areas. This may include prepackaging or assembly of medications for future dispensing.
5. Performs all basic operations of pharmacy automated systems
a. Including: Automated dispensing machine fulfilment, Central pharmacy automation fulfilment, and basic medication packaging automation
6. Demonstrates basic proficiency in pharmacy computer systems.
7. Performs pharmacy and medication unit inspections.
8. Receives the medication order, puts the order into pharmacy stock, and delivers floor stock to patient care areas in the hospital.
9. Performs all basic operations in the outpatient pharmacy including basic prescription computer system skills, prescription fulfillment and operating the cash register if applicable to position.
10. Obtains and documents accurate and complete patient medication histories if applicable to position.
* Registered Pharmacy Tech-NC
* Cert Pharmacy Tech-National
* General Education Degree
Experience: Six months of healthcare experience OR Graduated, or will graduate within 30 days of hire, from an ASHP accredited pharmacy technology diploma program. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.